Not only are hill runs tough and get the heart racing but they are useful in many aspects of training.
– Building leg strength
– Improve your stride and form
– Help build speed
– Challenge the nervous system
– Push yourself to the max
Here’s a quick workout for you to try –
– 5-10 minute warm up
– 12 seconds sprint uphill (give it maximal effort)
– Walk back down and rest for 60-120 seconds
– Repeat 6-10 times (depending on fitness)
Here’s what it looks like.
Hill sprints are great for a lot of sports and goals from fat loss to rugby players and distance runners to boxers, so give it ago and let us know how you get on!